State Preschool Program
The Rosemead School District State Preschool Program offers both full and part day preschool programs. The state preschool program is a comprehensive developmental program focusing on physical, cognitive, and social-emotional growth of the child. In addition to the physical and emotional development of the child, the program emphasizes language and literacy development, beginning math and science foundations.
Goals of the program are:
• Develop critical thinking skills
• Promote social skills
• Promote emotional growth
• Enhance cognitive skills
• Promote physical health and nutrition
• Develop language skills through the use of stories, art, music and dramatic play
• Develop science skills through questioning, discovery, experiments, art, and investigation
• Develop math skills through activity centers, games, and music
• Learn to share and get along with their peers, and solve problems using conflict resolution strategies
• Learn to follow directions and participate in small and large group activities.
Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are provided in the full day program; lunch is provided in the part day program. All meals and snacks meet the Child an Adult Food Program (CACFP) nutrition guidelines and are served family style.
The preschool program offers parent education activities that are offered throughout the year. Presentations may take place at the school sites/ and or other locations.
Parent volunteers are welcomed and encourage. To protect the health and safety of students and staff, all volunteers must have TB clearance and finger printing clearance. Arrangements for finger printing clearance can be made through the Child Development Office
The state preschool is available to all eligible 3 to 5 year olds. Children must be potty trained. First priority is given to children who are 4 years old by September 1. Families with the lowest per capita income will be admitted first. Second priority will be given to children who are 3 years of age by September1.
Enrollments are done at the Child Development Office (located at 3907 Rosemead Blvd., Suite 150, Rosemead Blvd., Rosemead, CA 91770) Monday through Friday, between 8:00 A.M.-3:00 P.M.
• Proof of family income
• Proof of family address
• Child’s Immunization Record
• Child’s Birth Certificate