The California State Preschool Full Day Program services families that have a need for full day services. For full-day services, need shall be established by 1or 2 below:
- Child protective services or at risk of abuse, neglect, or exploitation as defined in the FT&C Section I, Definitions The parent(s) and any other adult counted in the family size are any of the following:
- Seeking employment
- Participating in vocational training leading directly to a recognized trade, paraprofession, or profession
- Homeless and seeking permanent housing for family stability
- Full-day services shall only be available to the extent to which:
- The parent meets a need criterion as specified in Section II.C.2 above that precludes the provision of care and supervision of the family’s child for some of the day;
- There is no parent in the family capable of providing care for the family’s child during the time services are requested; and
- Supervision of the family’s child is not otherwise being provided by school or another person or entity.
Based on Family income and size, a family may have a family fee payable prior to beginning services, and due by the first of each month. Please see family fee schedule.