The Rosemead School District - District Office regular business hours are Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. For more information on school events, please contact the school main office or visit their website.
- Thurs., Apr. 19 - Board of Trustees Meeting, 6:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
- Wed., Apr. 25 - Late Start Day, Students start at 9:30 a.m., All Schools
- Mon., Apr. 30 - Professional Development/Student Free Day (Students No School)
- Wed., May 2 - Late Start Day, Students start at 9:30 a.m., All Schools
- Thurs., May 3 - Board of Trustees Meeting, 6:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
- Wed., May 16 - Late Start Day, Students start at 9:30 a.m., All Schools
- Thurs., May 17 - Board of Trustees Meeting, 6:30 p.m. - Study Session
- Mon., May 28 - Memorial Day Holiday (Schools/District Closed)
- Thurs., Jun. 7 - Board of Trustees Meeting, 6:30 p.m. - Study Session
- Wed., Jun. 13 - Minimum Day, 7-8th grade Students
- Thurs., Jun. 14 - Minimum Day, 7-8th grade Students
- Fri., Jun. 15 - Minimum Day, TK-8th grade Students
- Fri., Jun. 15 - Muscatel Promotion Ceremony, 4:00 p.m.
- Thurs., Jun. 21 - Board of Trustees Meeting, 6:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
Dear Rosemead SD Parents and Community,
SAFETY OF OUR STUDENTS AND STAFF, CONTINUES TO BE OUR #1 PRIORITY
The Rosemead School District has an excellent team of employees who work together to ensure the safety of our students and staff as our #1 priority.
As the long-term Superintendent of the Rosemead School District, I am blessed to work with a wonderfully competent and caring group of professionals.
The Rosemead School District Administrators, Staff and Board of Trustees will continue to reassure you, our parents that your children - our students’ safety will continue to be our #1 priority. We continue to research, explore and implement new technologies to assist with campus security. In addition, our professional development days (pupil free days) have not only been used to increase teacher and staff development in curriculum and instructional strategies; these days have also been used to train staff in disaster and emergency preparedness including active shooter scenarios.
We are all here for the best interest of all "our" children. Next school year, we will continue to launch more staff training in the area of safety and security of our children and campuses.
I have met with our City Chief of Police and City Manager on a regular basis. We continue to work closely as a team.
Thank you to our staff for their countless hours of dedication and support to the Rosemead Community and families. Thank you to our parents and community who support our security measures on campuses with a single point of entry and the fingerprinting and security checks of volunteers.
Below please find urgent communication from Superintendent Dr. Enomoto-Perez:
- Superintendent Letter on Safety and Protests (posted 03/9/18) English, Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Effective the 2017-2018 School Year, the Rosemead School District will implement Full Day Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten at all 4 Elementary Schools (Encinita, Janson, Savannah, Shuey). (posted 03/24/17)
- Letter on Internet Safety and Social Media English, Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese (distributed 8/2017-9/2017 during Back-to-School Nights)
- Letter on Title IX English, Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese (distributed 8/2017-9/2017 during Back-to-School Nights)
- Caution re: New Netflix Series - Containing Sensitive Themes, "Thirteen Reasons Why" (posted 4/21/17)
- Day without Immigrants (posted 02/15/17)
- NASP (National Association of School Psychologists) - "13 Reasons Why" Netflix Series: Considerations for Educators (posted 5/26/17)
- Safety and Reporting Concerns (posted 10/19/16)
- Student Safety #1 Priority (posted 02/08/17)
- Talking to Your Children About School Safety (posted 02/23/17)
- Tentative Agreement - Between the Rosemead School District and Rosemead Teachers' Association (signed 12/14/16)
~Updated: District Office, 4/17/2018