Inter-district & Intra-district Permit
In order to determine if space is available, Interdistrict or Intradistrict Permit students may not be permitted to enroll until after the first day of class sizes are determined. You are advised to enroll in your school of residence while awaiting a final response to your request for interdistrict attendance.
Formal agreements between Rosemead School District and other districts allow for the transfer of one or more students between districts. An Interdistrict Attendance Permit may be approved into or out of the district for specific reasons only. Information regarding the specific reasons may be obtained from Special Education & Student Support Services at (626) 312-2900, ext. 230.
- Permits do not carry transportation privileges.
- Parents are expected to ensure student is on time and in school for the full school day every day.
Please complete the interdistrict permit request process listed below:
- Step 1: Go to your district of residence and request an interdistrict permit.
- Step 2: Specify in the “reason section” that you are requesting to leave due to a unique program that is offered. Parents may only request one school in one school district.
- Step 3: Turn in your completed interdistrict permit to the district you are requesting.
- Step 4: Once the interdistrict permit is approved by your district of residence it will be mailed to the Rosemead School District, Special Education & Student Support Services office. You may also request an approved copy from your district of residence to bring directly to Rosemead School District, Special Education & Student Support Services office, which will help expedite your child’s enrollment.
- Step 5: Upon receiving your interdistrict permit release, Rosemead School District, will contact you regarding the next steps.
Once a Interdistrict Permit has been approved:
- 1. Maintain satisfactory school attendance/report to school/class on-time every day.
- 2. Make continuous progress toward grade level standards (elementary) and/or maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA with no D or F grades (secondary).
- 3. Seek help from teachers and counselors and attend tutoring when having academic difficulties or in danger of receiving a grade of D or F (Secondary).
- 4. Comply with all classroom and school rules and policies.
- 5. Demonstrate appropriate citizenship and behavior in the classroom and on campus - no Report Card with multiple “1s” for Skills for Success on Achievement Report (elementary) or multiple “Unsatisfactory” citizenship grades (secondary).
- 6. Comply with all conditions of the RSD Discipline Policy (parent/guardian signature on file).
- 1. Provide adequate transportation so the student can maintain satisfactory school attendance/report to class on time and is picked up from school on time.
- 2. Ensure that student attends school.
- 3. Call the Attendance Office before 9:30 a.m. on the day of the absence to inform the school of the reason for the absence--or provide a note explaining the reason for the absence on the day of the return.
- 4. Excuse student only for valid reasons. Requests for absence other than for illness or emergencies are strongly discouraged. Parents should plan family vacations during regular school vacation times.
- 5. Provide a time and place for quiet study time for completion of homework and study assignments.
- 6. Provide school officials with accurate and true information.
- 7. Cooperate with school and district officials and maintain a positive working relationship.
- 8. Attend parent conferences when requested.
- 9. Insist your student complies with the school dress code.
Permits may be cancelled, revoked, or denied renewal for the following reasons:
- 1. Issued in error
- 2. Falsified information or documentation
- 3. Any change to the permit criteria
- 4. Truancy
- 5. Infractions of school rules and regulations
- 6. Failure to make satisfactory academic progress
- 7. The student is dropped off or picked up is beyond regular school hours including before and after school programs.
INTER District Permit - Request to Transfer OUT to Rosemead SD link
INTER District Permit - Request to Transfer IN to Rosemead SD link
INTRA District Permit - Request to Transfer to Another School Site link
Processing time will be 1-2 weeks. If you have any questions, you can email Student Support Services.