• Student Records Request

    A cumulative record, whether recorded by handwriting, print, tapes, film, microfilm or other means, must be maintained on the history of a pupil’s development and educational progress.  The District will protect the privacy of such records.  Parents/guardians have the right to 1) inspect and review the pupil’s educational record maintained by the school, 2) request that a school correct records which they believe to be inaccurate or misleading, and 3) have some control over the disclosure of information from educational records.  School officials with legitimate educational interests may access pupil records without parental consent as long as the official needs to review the records in order to fulfill his/her professional responsibility.  Upon request from officials of another school district in which a pupil seeks or intends to enroll, the District shall disclose educational records without parental consent.

    Any challenge to school records must be submitted in writing to Educational Services. A parent challenging school records must show that the records are 1) inaccurate, 2) an unsubstantiated personal conclusion or inference, 3) a conclusion or inference outside the observer’s area of competence, 4) not based on the personal observation of a named person with the time and place of the observation noted, 5) misleading, or 6) in violation of the privacy or other rights of the pupil.  Parents have the right to file a complaint with the United States Department of Education concerning an alleged failure by the District to comply with the provisions of the United States Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) by writing to: Family Policy Compliance Office, U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Ave., SW, Washington, D.C. 20202-4605.

    To request records, please complete the Records Request form.

    If you have any questions, contact the Student Support Services office at 626-312-2900.